Who We Are
The Nuba Mountains Peace Coalition (NMPC) is led by Nuba Mountains people from diverse faiths, ethnicities, tribes, and nationalities promoting the peace, stability, and prosperity of the Nuba Mountains Region in Sudan.
Philosopher Elton Trueblood said that every successful organization must have a passion, a philosophy, and a program. What are to be ours?
A passion by itself is not enough. We must also have a philosophy—a strategy and a plan; and then a program for carrying it out
Nuba Mountains Peace Coalition
جبال النوبة التحالف سلام
Nuba Montaña Coalición por la Paz
Coalition Nouba paix Montagne
The pursuit of justice and compassion for the People of the Nuba Mountains.
To be the voice of justice and compassion for those who have no voice
To implement this philosophy as follows
- Share the personal stories of the people of the Nuba Mountains
- Listen and read the stories of Nuba Mountains Families (published weekly) of deaths, injured, acts of terror, diseased water, starvation, illness,)
- Awareness –use of social media, Face Book, U-Tube, and web site, public presentations to government, schools, faith based organizations, corporations, activist’s network, and traditional media.
- From information to knowledge to Influence –through newly committed well placed volunteers. their skills, and contacts
- Language translation — 29 Languages
How will others know if you do not tell?
- Stop the Bombing
- Allow Humanitarian Relief
- Reopen Schools
“All who have ears to hear”
Our Leadership -Nuba Mountains
Tito Elgassai, Yassin Toto, Sharif Dabib, Kojo Locho , Kubra Miller, Lamees Abdula, Lubna Abdula, Apaulo Kussano, Adam KuKu,Sara Siraj Ali Kowa, Bouth Kalu
Standing Along Side the NMPC
Justin Banta – www.refugeewriters.org (Personal Interviews, Traditional Media, Editor)
Brian Hardin – Web Development, Content, Training
Holt Haynsworth Haynsworth Photography and Facebook
Paulette Cooper – Brochure, Women’s Liaison
Professor Rick Halperin – Southern Methodist University
Director, Embrey Human Rights Program
Professor of the Practice of Human Rights
Bill Andress – Sudan Advocacy Action Forum
Don West – Administration
Bob and Paulette Cooper – Coordination
“We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give”